1 Can (14 oz) - Carnation Condensed Milk(Sweetened)
125 gms Butter
225 gms All Purpose Flour4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
200ml Aerated Cola* (I used Coco Cola)
*You can use any Aerated drink may be plain soda too.
Ingredients for the icing
12.00 oz Betty Crocker Frosting - Whipped Cream
1 or 1 1/2cup Cherries (I used Trader Joe Cherries which are in a jar in a light syrup that looks very liquid/water like)
1 Chocolate Bar shaved (dark or milk chocolate your preference)
Method/Directions for the base
- Sift together all purpose flour,cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda for 3 times and keep this flour mix aside.
- Grease 2 baking tins(same size or bake the cake in to parts)* with ghee and dust with flour.
- Microwave butter for 1 minute on 100% temperature. Let it cool.
- Add Condensed Milk to it and beat well.Till its smooth and frothy.
- Add the flour mix to it alternating with cola till flour mix and cola are finished. Mix it well till the mix is smooth and frothy
- Pour this mix equally into the 2 greased baking tins.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
*I baked the cake in 2 batches,as I wanted a layered cake.
If you want more than 2 layers, divide the mix equally into your desired no of layers and bake. OR bake It as one single cake and cut the cake into no of layers you desire.
Method/Directions for icing
- Chop(into halves) half of the cherries to fill in the layers.
- Keep one layer of the cake on the serving plate.
- Now spread 3-4 tablespoons of whipped cream on top of the cake.(You can use more or less whipped cream as you prefer)
- Add the chopped cherries on top.
- Repeat with other layers (if any).
- Cover the cake completely with whipped cream on all sides and the top.
- Level the top and sides with a broad spatula dipped in chilled water.
- Decorate the top with chocolate shavings and cherries.
- Keep chilled in the fridge till use.